5/24/10

Day 2: Morning Update

I went in to see the Gordon Pond group this morning. This was a planned meeting with two purposes. First of all I was bringing in a student who couldn't make course start yesterday due to a long standing commitment. We had planned on this for a couple of months so it went smoothly, and also allowed me a chance to check in on the group.

As an added bonus there was a student int eh group who had borrowed boots from her grandmother (apparently quite a hiker: go grandma!). Unfortunately the trail was very muddy and the student put her boot into the mud and pulled it out but part of the sole wanted to stay behind and peeled off the bottom of the boot! It turns out the boots were a little past there prime!

So I was able to get some boots thanks to help from twitter and various other folks on campus. I felt a little like a traveling salesman as I laid out three different boot options for the instructor team when we met up this morning! They selected a pair they liked, the student joined the group and everyone is off and running!

How are you all doing? What questions do you have? Let me know in the comments... I'll bet if you ask a question someone else was wondering that same thing!

No comments: