5/23/11

How do I follow along?

Many parents and students are asking me, "How are they doing up there?"  The truth is that no news is good news.  In other words I will always hear from a group if something is not going well but if everything is going along as normal then I might not hear from them until we pick them up!

But there are many ways to get information about the trip and this blog is one of them.  Keep checking back here for updates, pictures and weather reports.

If you are into Twitter you can also follow me for the most up to date info.  For example if I am hiking in the field then I will tweet a message as soon as I reach the trailhead but I won't be able to post to the blog until I'm back on campus.  If you don't do Twitter, no worries - I've collected my tweets (and those of other folks talking about the trip) in the right hand sidebar.

Another great way to stay connected is through past posts and comments.  Just scroll down to hear more about past years.

One thing might be a little confusing - I always refer to the groups by their group name.  We choose the group name based on the trailhead the group starts at or a major feature of their route.  For example the Lincoln Woods group starts at the ranger station of the same name whereas the Pemi-Baker group is named for the two major river systems they will be paddling down.

How do you figure out what group your child is in?  Go back to this post to see the group list and name, then you'll be able to follow along with your child's group... and with all the others!

As always if you have any questions just click on the 'comments' link at the end of this post.

No comments: