5/25/11

A beautiful morning in the mountains

Mt. Liberty & Mt. Flume

Kinsman & Franconia Ridge
Today looks to be a beautiful day in the mountains!  The Appalachian Mountain Club says this about the weather:

"Summits today mostly in the clear under mostly sunny skies.  Temperatures in the upper 40's with winds from the WNW at 10-25 miles per hour."

What a nice break from the clouds, drizzle and rain we've had the last few days.  This comes at an especially nice time since on Day 4 spirits are normally very good as the end is in sight!

At about 5am I got a text message from one of the instructors which technically they aren't supposed to be doing and which made me jump out of bed in fright when I heard my phone going off.  The message just read 'Good morning' and there were two beautiful pictures attached of sunrise over the Kinsman Ridge.  If I can figure out my phone I'll get them posted here!

Update: I figured it out!  You can see the pictures at the top of the post!

No comments: